Friday, December 14, 2007

The War on Vermin

Summer's here again, and for me, that means the mice, ants, and white tail spiders are too. I need to get the grass outside my house cut, as I think that is drawing the spiders.

I had to go to the supermarket here yesterday and get some surface spray insecticide, three insecticide fumigation bombs and some rodenticide bait stations. After having a mouse in my bedroom and nearly having a large white tail spider fall on my head near the back of my house, I'm fighting back. ;-)

The mouse hasn't been seen since, and on seeing another large white tail spider earlier this evening, I sprayed down my front door frame with surface spray. It seems I'm going to have to repel them room by room, pretty much.

I greatly envy people living at higher latitudes at this time of year...because not only do I need to endure the heat at this time of year, but I also find myself having to re-assert my position at the top of the food chain. ;-)

No comments: