Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Lair added to feedburner

I've just added this blog to an account with feedburner, which creates an rss feed of it...apparently I can use that to promote the blog as well.

I don't entirely understand what RSS is exactly, but I believe that it's a mechanism for creating headlines/excerpts of web pages and blog posts, so that if people are subscribed to a lot of such feeds, they can use the single line format to save space, and still be able to see headlines from all their feeds at once.

The link is here, and there's an option to subscribe to it at the top of the page. I think if you click that, you'll be able to set up a mechanism in Firefox somehow where it alerts you when I've made a new blog post.

1 comment:

joshie said...

Actually Blogger has built-in RSS. I've been subscribed to yours for awhile.

RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is, in a nutshell, a way to subscribe to updates on a site without having to come and visit it constantly. You will be informed through your feed reader when a site you subscribe to is updated and in many cases you can read the new material right there. I personally use bloglines as my feed reader. It's great to have all that stuff in one place.