Friday, June 27, 2008

Back to Scholo

I just did Jandice Barov again before bed. I know I should have been working on finishing the guide I promised Mr Sato, but it's been more than a week since I've been able to get in-game. As someone said to me on the forum just tonight, I spend far more time writing about this game than I do actually playing it, these days.

I was able to buy an nVidia GeForce 8500GT on Ebay yesterday, and should hopefully get it as well next week. That will mean a couple of good things for me.

The first is that in conjunction with some extra RAM which I might be getting soon as well, I'll be able to finally make some of the videos I've been talking about. The second is that I'll finally be able to start using Linux again possibly, which I haven't been able to do with the ATI card.

I've worried with the videos though that I will put people to sleep. My getting to Jandice took probably close to an hour and a half, as pathetic as that might seem; I'm very, very slow and methodical, and I also don't dodge trash at all; I go through all of it, rather than having it hit me in the back when I need room to maneuvre later. So I'd have to choose which stuff I was going to film.

It could still just be my gear, but I find in some parts of Scholo that I still need to think about what I'm doing somewhat. As long as I am careful and do things properly, there's no problem, but I find that rushing still causes aggro to get out of control and for me to get swamped, so I don't do that.

I've got a somewhat new modal keybinding setup that I'll write about here at some point, as well; I realised I needed something new, but didn't want to expend the RAM necessary for Bongos, so I've moved some things around a bit.

No comments: