Saturday, February 28, 2009

Playing my way

I've decided to get back on my main recently, since the PTR notes for Survival next patch are extremely encouraging. We're getting Lock and Load back without the CD I think, even though Explosive Shot is being nerfed slightly to compensate. This is actually a good thing, as the difference will probably be enough to send the min-maxers back to Beast Mastery.

So yesterday, I was reflecting on the fact that I still don't have the money for flight training for a Nether Drake, and wondering how I was going to get the money to do it. On impulse, I looked through my Achievements tab, and realised my quest completion in most zones in the game is probably around 50%, on average, with some zones lower.

I was quite surprised to discover this with Zangarmarsh in particular, because I loved that zone. It was no surprise to me, though, that I'd got both TBC and WoTLK Nessingwary achievements, as I loved those quests as well. Sholozar Basin is the only zone I've got the quest achievement for so far, and I got it without trying. Hemet and I are kindred spirits. ;)

The reason for my low quest completion rate, during both TBC and WoTLK in particular, was that while levelling up both times, I was under pressure either from the forums or the guilds I was in at the time to get to the cap, and start raiding, which of course never ended up happening anyway.

So I decided I'm going to go back and try and get the quest achievements in as many zones as I can, which might go close to giving me epic flight training as well. I'm currently working through Nagrand in particular, as another long-standing goal of mine has been to complete the Hero of the Mag'har quest chain as well.

Of course, I did just spend 1,000 gold, or close to, on the Giantmaim Bracers and Giantmaim Legguards, and I still plan on buying the Rusted-Link Spiked Gauntlets as well, which will likely cost another 1.5k, judging by recent prices. Mirsh might not end up in t7, but she'll be the Queen of the Auction House! ;)

So I guess mount money is actually a secondary priority; twinking myself out as much as possible from the Auction House actually comes first. I'm going to keep grinding rep to get the Polished Regimental Hauberk as well if I can, but Heroics are not terribly easy to get on my server, so I tend to need to set myself solo goals.

No comments: