Monday, February 9, 2009

To Garrandor

I had this as a comment on my last post, from Garrandor.

"It would be awesome if you did quit and took your poison elsewhere. No Doubt comparing yourself to Ghandi or Mandela or Jesus and complaining about... everything!! makes you feel better in some way, but I'm sure the internet would be a better place if you just stopped."

I probably shouldn't be giving him this degree of validation by devoting a blog post to him, but I've had him as a moderately persistent troll for a while now, and it's becoming a little tedious.

Garrandor, let me try and put this in as simple terms for you as I can, and this goes for all of my other periodic trolls, as well.

Presumably anyway, nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read this blog. Thus, if you don't like me, or reading what I write, quite simply, go away. Nobody is forcing you to be here whatsoever; I certainly am not. I do, however, have as much right to exist and to express an opinion as you do.

Forcing yourself to continue to be exposed to someone online who you dislike, and then insisting that rather than simply no longer exposing yourself to them, that they themselves should be silent, is senseless, hypocritical, and futile. You will not silence me, and while that may not have been true on the forum, here, you have no way of forcibly silencing me whatsoever.

I also, truthfully, find myself wondering what it is about my writing, that causes certain people to so adamantly and persistently demand that I be silent. If my writing is as worthless and inconsequential as you claim, how does it have the ability to cause you such anger? There is a paradox of logic, there.

I do not, by the way, compare myself with Gandhi, Mandela, or Christ; some of the content of my quotes section might have given you that impression, and if so, let me be the first to correct it. Apart from anything else, at least two of those individuals were avowed pacifists, and I most assuredly am not. I have often expressed that I am aware of the fact that I am a deeply flawed human being; I see so much evidence of that fact on a daily basis, that it would be virtually impossible for me not to be aware of it.

If, as I suspect, you are a native of that particularly saddening, lifeless breed of trolls who feel that silencing me is a justifiable moral crusade, then rest assured, upon your next comment attached to any of my posts, your IP address will be blocked.

I apologise to my other readers, and wish to assure you that I will now at least attempt to return to some marginally more positive content.

No comments: