Monday, April 7, 2008

They nerfed Charge.

I'm a very unhappy Hunter today.

It's apparently official; Charge has been nerfed. Hortus is calling it a bug fix, yet I'd bet half a quiver of arrows that the bug that causes Charge to break Freezing Trap is still entirely present.

I don't usually complain about changes made, even when I privately consider them egregious, but this is an order of magnitude worse than any other nerf I've ever experienced before. This isn't (to use the popular forum expression) merely a slap in the face.

It's a kick in the stomach, Blizzard.

With my crit being the way it is, I've relied on Charge while soloing, and the amount of threat I previously got from it, to literally survive. As it stands now, I'm barreling my boar's threat bar in Omen constantly, and I can only do that if I scale my damage back to the point of it being virtually non-existent.

I wish I understood what I'm meant to do now. In the past, when nerfs came, older Hunters in the forum would tell us to be calm. "We simply need to adapt," they would say. For a long time, I've been able to do that.

Now, however, the nerfs are starting to eat into the core, basic functionality of the class. Keep this up, Blizzard, and you're going to render the Hunter unplayable.

No comments: